There are so many ways to represent something or the other on the profile of the users but these ways are either irksome to them or meaningless. They do not bother to retrieve that information particularly on the activity wall. The user thinks that everything that is new should either reach their doorsteps or they should be informed directly on their profile page. For this endeavor we have searched a plugin that will directly provide a new tab to the profile page of the user and enable the user to directly bring that with a single click. BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro Plugin allows you to create a new tab on the profile page of the user.
This plugin only facilitates the creation of Tabs and managing content in them. It provides additional Sub-Tab creation options that will let you feed more content that you want to display.
For this plugin make sure you have BuddyPress installed.
Settings in BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro Plugin
For reaching to the settings panel or the management tabs panel just follow
WordPress Dashboard >> Users >> Profile Tabs >> Add New tab
When you click on the new tab creation then you will find few options to define your tab.
This is just to introduce the Tab name and Position on the profile page of the user.
Select a unique tab name that could be linked directly to the Profile page. It will be visible once this tab is posted.
These are the additional attributes to the New tab. It also includes the slug, position, restriction, styling, Admin actions
- Is enabled?
- When this option is enabled the tab will be visible on the profile page.
- Set it as the default component?
- By this option, the tab will be a default tab for any new member who joins the community.
- Are we modifying the predefined tab?
- When the previous tab needs to be replaced then only check this box.
- Site admin only?
- Only accessed by the site admin.
- Add this tab for?
- Selecting the role of the users who can modify them.
- Tab Visibility
- Members types who can easily view this tab on the users’ profiles.
- Setting the position of the tab on the profile.
- Tab Link
- Any other external or internal link that this tab will take the user to
- Item CSS ID
- For styling, this tab can be given a class. This will make the developers easy to modify the tab visual effects.
- Add to the admin bar?
- When this option is enabled then admin could manage the plugin from the admin panel also.
- Admin bar Item ID
- When the replacement of the tabs is needed then these IDs are used so that the previous tab could be replaced directly.
- This section allows the admin to put a name to the sub-tab.
- Any message or content is mentioned in this box.
How BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro Plugin Works?
Working of BP User Profile Tabs Creator Pro is much simple and easy because you just have to fill the tab name and sub-nav label along with the slugs of them and you are done.
In addition, you can provide the position to your Tab.
Your Content will be directly visible under these tabs.
The main Tab is Labeled as Books
The Position on Profile Page is set as 20. In BuddyPress the No. The system is in the multiple of 10. Likewise, the order follows (10,20,30…)
Sub-Nav label is Old Books and New Books with Contents respectively.
The most important thing you should keep in mind before adding Sub-Nav is to provide the unique SLUG to it.
When we go to the profile page of the user than these changes must be visible on their profile.
A Tab with Name as Books and sub-nav with OLD and NEW books should be present.
Finally, we can have a look at the tab we have just created for every member. We can also provide lots of restrictions on these tabs. These restrictions are helpful when we want to share some privacy between the community members.
This plugin is very helpful when we want to improve the tabs in the user’s profile and provide any relevant notice or any other additional adds or anything that could be directly sent to the user profile page. This plugin is very beneficial for the commercial apps that want to display advertisements and notices on the user profile page directly.