Ever wanted to let your community members upload images while registration on your website? Well, there are some other scenarios too where you would want this feature. For example, while filling any online government form, they would want you to upload the verification document of yours too. So you upload your scanned document images for verification.
Well, BuddyPress XProfile Custom Image Field plugin would allow you to add this feature in your WordPress website very easily. This plugin will simply add an Image Custom Field type from which you can add a field of image file type. Users would have to upload images in order to complete their registration.
BuddyPress XProfile Custom Image Field plugin requires BuddyPress v1.5 or later in order to work.
Adding Field with Image Field Type
To add a field with Image Field type in your registration process, follow the given steps:
1. After Installing and Activating the plugin, Navigate to wp-admin > Users > Profile Fields.
2. Click the New Field option.
3. Now, fill the required information and select Image in the Type section. Click Save.
4. That’s all, now the registration page will ask the users to upload the required image information.
5. Registered Members can also upload files from their Edit Profile page.
BuddyPress XProfile Custom Image Field plugin is simple and easy to use. The plugin will be effective immediately and doesn’t need any setup to use. It is worth considering that this plugin can be helpful for many people by adding the image field type without the need for coding.
We are wrapping up this article, so if you have any questions/queries about this plugin, then please ask in the comment section.